Become a Project Solar Installer
At Project Solar, we are leading the charge for transparency and fairly priced solar. We are growing by 30% month over month, and we are projecting to be at 1,000 installs a month by the end of 2022.
To the consumer, we've broken our offer into two distinct parts.
- DIY/Equipment Price
- Full-Service Installation for $0.50/watt
Out of the $0.50/watt that we charge the customer, we give 100% of that to our installers to perform labor and BOS.
With the average Project Solar build being 9 kW, that's $4,500 going to the installer.
We believe this presents an amazing opportunity for regional installers to grow their business profitably, without the headache of customer acquisition.
How It Works
At Project Solar, we've streamlined the solar sales process by cutting out the commissioned salesperson and by optimizing historically tedious back office procedures through technology.
A customer can obtain a quote online through our AI calculator, review sizing options, and provide us with all the information needed to obtain the engineering permit packs.
Project Solar handles site design, engineering, permitting and equipment procurement. We ship everything directly to the customer.
On installation day, the Project Solar Partnered Installer installs the system and completes the interconnection grid-tie.
At Project Solar, we primarily use Q-Cells panels, and we exclusively use Enphase microinverters and IronRidge racking equipment. We also offer Enphase batteries but do not require them for our systems. In fact, we rarely recommend battery storage.
Terms, Requirements, Expectations
To become a Project Solar Partnered Installer, we require that you must meet specific requirements and agree to our terms.
- Must be a licensed general contractor
- Must have or operate under a master electrician license
- Must offer and sustain a 10-year workmanship warranty to all Project Solar customers you install for
- Must perform installation within 30 days of accepting job
- Must submit pictures of every major step in the install process
- Must onboard customer to Enphase Enlighten app
- Must supply BOS materials
To maintain efficient and streamlined processes, we handle all aspects of the permit application and submittal. To do this on your behalf, we will need to apply using your licenses. This is a required and non-negotiable.
Equipment Replacement/Warranty Service
If a piece of equipment needs replaced, we ask that you make yourself available to facilitate the equipment swap within 30 days of the new part being received. The customer will pay, according to the contract, up to $70/hour for the labor incurred, directly to you, the installer.
We pay 80% of the total install fee after installation is complete and pictures have been provided. We pay the remaining 20% after PTO.
Adders are paid in addition to the $0.50/watt.
(Be aware that these adder prices can vary by state, and in select states, the base install price of $0.50/watt can also vary.)
- Main Panel Upgrade: $2,200
- Trenching: $10/ft ($100 minimum)
- Ballasted or Flat Roof: $0.15/watt
- 35-degree Pitch Roof: $0.15/watt
- Less than 4 kW system: $500
- Less than 2 kW system: $1,000
- Critter Guard: $0.10/watt
- Battery/Smart Switch Install: $2,000
- Attic run: $500 (can vary)
- Installer 5+ hour trip: $450
- Installer 8+ hour trip: $650
- Tile Roof: $0.15/watt (not in California)
3 Strikes Rule
As a Project Solar Partnered Installer, you act as a representative of Project Solar. This is something we do not take lightly. If you fail to perform the agreed job in accordance with our terms and conditions, or if a customer files a complaint that is not rectified in a timely manner, you will be removed from our install network upon first offense. If you have 3 complaints that do not require rectification but reflect poorly on your service, you will be removed from our install network.
We are actively working to build an automatic Project Solar Install Network platform. This platform will auto new deals, complete with address and deal value, available for claim based on your geographic region.